Pumba Game Reserve - near Grahamstown
Nestled in the heart of the malaria-free
Eastern Cape, Pumba offers the ultimate in African Safari luxury –
combined with luscious awe inspiring bush, grasslands, and of course,
the formidable Big Five. Awaken your soul and escape to the wild
and magical African Safari destination that is Pumba Private Game
Pumba is home to Africa's Big 5, where
visitors have a chance to experience many of Africa's wonders ... from
giraffe to the elusive leopard, antelope, other small game and over 270
species of bird. The unique vegetation of the Eastern Cape is favored by
elephants in the dense bushveld environment.
Just when you think you have seen them
all… there is one more beautiful species for you to see at Pumba - the
endangered and majestic White Lion.
Pumba Private Game Reserve offers
luxurious Five Star accommodation at one of two intimate and enchanting
Pumba Water Lodge
The luxurious lodge at Pumba Water Lodge
comprises 12 stone-walled, thatched, waterfront cottages. Leading off
meandering timber footpaths, the cottages open up onto private timber
game-viewing decks with outside showers and plunge pools.
The bedrooms and bathrooms offer under
floor heating, dreamy, free-standing bathtubs, double basins,
terry-towel bathrobes and splendid appointments to create an ambience of
luxurious indulgence. Air-conditioning, earthenware fireplaces and fine
linen ensure your absolute comfort.
In-room facilities include
air-conditioning and heating, fireplace, tea/coffee making facilities,
mini-bar fridge, separate bath and shower, with heated towel rails and
twin vanities, private game-viewing deck and outdoor shower and plunge
Msenge Bush Lodge
Msenge Bush Lodge at Pumba offers 11 luxurious,
glass enclosed thatched chalets, each in its own private bush setting, offering:
* Private Game viewing deck with plunge pool and
* En-suite bathroom with separate shower and
bath, separate W/C, twin vanities and heated towel rails
* Private dressing room, with bathrobes, slippers
* Bedrooms offer twin or king-size beds, with
percale cotton linen, seating area and roman blinds for additional privacy
Each cottage overlooks a small watering hole and
flood plain, set amongst the backdrop of the breathtaking Zuurberg Mountains.
We have additional pampering for the mind, body,
and soul, at the Msenge Bush Lodge’s Soul Spa – as well as our fully equipped
gym surrounded by glass, and extending out beneath a cathedral of trees.
* Business office - equipped with all the
* Both lodges are also equipped with Wi-Fi.
* Laundry - professional, same day laundry
* Curio & Gift Shops - at both Lodges with all
sorts of special and unique items
* Gym - surrounded by 180 degrees of glass a
fully equipped gym
* Soul Spa - a variety of massages, body wraps,
hot stone therapy, manicures, pedicures, personalized facials, as well as the
latest technology in hydrotherapy.
Activities on the Reserve
* Hiking - you and your Ranger will plan your
* Botanicals - Pumba is home to 5 of South
Africa’s 7 vegetation Biomes and some rare and threatened species can be seen.
* Star gazing - with the aid of wireless
technology the night sky can be unfolded in front of you.
* Walking Safaris - under the guidance of your
qualified trails guide, you will be able experience the wonders of the reserves
* Archery - under the guidance of a trained field
* Bass Fishing - fishing rods, lures and tackle
are all provided for by the lodge
* Picnics - in addition to the midday meal at the
lodges, guests can indulge in a picnic lunch alongside Cariega Lake or make your
way to Kenton-on-Sea to indulge in a light picnic on the beach.
* Birding Safari - embark on a prearranged
birding outing, equipped with the latest in birding technology.
* Night Safari Drives
* Big 5 Safari Drives
Subscribe to our newsletter
to receive travel specials available in Southern Africa.
Please fill in your e-mail address